- 4 garlic cloves
- ¾ tsp. coriander seeds, crushed
- ¾ tsp. cumin seeds, crushed
- Pinch of saffron threads (optional)
- 4 sweet peppers, any color (about 1 lb.), cut into 2” strips
- 2 baby eggplants (about ½ lb.), quartered lengthwise, or ½ large eggplant, cut into 2x1” pieces
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
TOTAL: 30 MIN
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, coriander, cumin, and saffron, if using; cook, stirring often, until garlic is softened, about 4 minutes. Add sweet peppers and eggplants; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 15–20 minutes. Remove from heat and add vinegar. Just before serving, add basil and toss to combine.
- Do Ahead: Vegetables can be cooked 4 days ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before adding basil and serving.