I made this salad recently and it was sooo very good!
Tomato and Roasted Lemon Salad
2 medium lemons, halved crosswise, seeds removed, and cut into paper-thin slices (9 oz)
3 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp superfine sugar
8 sage leaves, finely shredded
2 2/3 cups baby tomatoes, yellow or red or a mixture of both, halved
scant ½ tsp ground allspice
1/3 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
½ cup mint leaves
seeds of 1 small pomegranate (2/3 cup)
1½ tbsp pomegranate molasses
½ small red onion, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
salt and black pepper
Preheat the oven to 325ºF.
Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil, add the lemon slices, and
blanch for 2 minutes. Drain well, place the lemon in a bowl, and add 1
tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, the sugar, and the sage. Gently
mix and then spread the lemon mixture out on a baking sheet lined with
parchment paper. Place in the oven and cook for 20 minutes, until the
lemons have dried out a little. Remove and set aside to cool.
In a bowl, combine the tomatoes, allspice, parsley, mint, pomegranate
seeds, pomegranate molasses, onion, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ¼
teaspoon salt, and some freshly ground pepper.
Add the lemon slices,
stir gently, and serve.
Friday, February 20, 2015
Ginger Beef, Mushroom & Kale Stir-Fry
Prep: 5 mins Cook: 25 mins Total: 30 mins
- 1/3 cup soy sauce (if making gluten-free, be sure to use GF soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken/beef broth, or water)
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lb. thinly sliced flank steak or sirloin, cut diagonally across the grain into thin strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 ounces baby portobello or button mushrooms, halved
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, halved
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
To Make The Marinade:Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour marinade into a large bowl or ziplock bag, then add in the steak and gently toss to combine. Cover/seal and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
To Make The Stir-Fry:Once steak has marinated, heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade with a slotted spoon, reserving the marinade, and add to saute pan with garlic. Saute for about 2-3 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add mushrooms, kale, and reserved marinade to saute pan, and stir to combine. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until the kale is wilted, the sauce has thickened, and the mushrooms have cooked, stirring regularly so that sauce does not burn. Add in the steak, and toss to combine.
Serve immediately over rice or quinoa, garnished with chopped green onions.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Parmesan
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ tsp garlic
- boneless, skinless chicken
- Mix all ingredients together except for the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a single layer in a baking pan; brush the mayo mixture over the top and sides of the chicken.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.